- 125 g unsalted butter.
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- pinch sea salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.
- 1 tablespoon boiling water.
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats.
- 3/4 cups desiccated coconut.
- 1/2 cup regular plain flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground.
Makes 25 small cookies
- Preheat oven to 150ºC/300ºF/Gas Mark 2 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, rice malt syrup and vanilla stirring until the mixture starts to bubble. Remove from the heat and add a pinch of salt.
- Combine the bicarbonate of soda with boiling water together in a small bowl, then add to butter mixture, stirring through until foamy.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour melted butter mixture into dry ingredients and combine well.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of mixture into a ball and place on tray, flattening into a disc. Repeat with remaining mixture, allowing room for spreading.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on trays before transferring to a wire rack. Store in airtight container