- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g arborio risotto rice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 600ml salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup (25g) grated Parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons extra to serve
- 1 cup (200g) sweet corn kernels
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and chicken stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add rice and stir to coat grains in oil. Add wine and simmer for 1 minute until absorbed. Add stock and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until rice is al dente and stock is absorbed.
- Stir in cheese, corn, tomatoes and spinach. Season. Cover and set aside for 2 minutes. Serve immediately garnished with extra cheese.