- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (140g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 firmly packed cup (40g) brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 400g chicken mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh whole meal breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to garnish
- Sunflower oil, to shallow-fry
- 4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- Lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced red onion and finely chopped red chilli, to serve
Step 1. To make a satay sauce, place coconut milk, peanut butter, sugar, garlic, sweet chilli, ginger and soy in a saucepan over low heat, stirring for 1 minute or until peanut butter melts. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Stir in lime juice and set aside to cool.
Step 2. Place mince, onion, crumbs, chopped coriander and 1/2 cup of the satay sauce in a bowl and combine well. Form into 4 patties and chill for 15 minutes. Heat 1cm oil in a frypan over medium low heat and cook patties for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Step 3. Fill the toasted burgers with lettuce, tomato, patties, onion, coriander, chilli and remaining satay sauce.