- 250g packet dried vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 185g jar Malaysian laksa paste
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 2 x 270ml cans light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 150g green beans, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups beansprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fried shallots
- Lime wedges, to serve
Step 1. Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until noodles soften. Drain.
Step 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add laksa paste. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add stock, coconut milk and fish sauce. Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and beans. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add tomato. Simmer for 1 minute or until broccoli is bright green and tender.
Step 3. Divide noodles between bowls. Ladle laksa over noodles. Top with mint, beansprouts and shallots. Serve with lime.