- Olive oil, to grease
- 1 bacon rasher, rind removed, finely chopped
- 4 medium (about 500g) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 5 eggs, lightly whisked
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated vintage cheddar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
Step 1.Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slab pan with oil. Line base and 2 long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing sides to overhang.
Step 2. Cook bacon in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Cook the zucchini, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to the bowl. Set aside to cool.
Step 3. Add egg, cheddar and oil to the zucchini mixture. Sift in the flour. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
Step 4. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until set and golden.